Friday, April 15, 2016

Carolyn's books

My name is Carolyn. I'm 24, I work as a registered nurse and I am an avid reader. Occasionally I think things like  'I wish more people would read this so I can talk to them about it' or 'I wish I could remember if that book was good enough to re-read or  a once-is-enough kind of good'. It is these thoughts that made me decide I should keep some sort of record of  the books I read.

This blog is mostly for my own recollection of the books I read, but I hope to share it with some other book lovers who are looking for something new. I'll share a little bit about the book (trying not to spoil) and some personal thoughts.

WARNING:my taste is mostly fantasy novels but I'm willing to try anything if someone recommends it. Also, I tend to love almost everything so if you're looking for a  hard  critique you've come to the wrong place.

There is going to be some back-logging at the start of this.
I finally finished the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan around New Years which is when the idea first came that I should be documenting this. For those who might not know, this series is 14  monstrous books so finishing was like crossing the finish line at the end of running a marathon, and there was much dancing in the ballard household that day.

Since finishing the series I have been demolishing books at an incredible rate. So since the beginning of this year here are the books I've read and will be talking about in upcoming posts:

- Comedic celebrity books. I did a run of these including Bossy Pants by Tina Fey, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling, and Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari

- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jenkins !!!! I'm really excited to talk about this one!!!!!

-When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

-The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (not the one from The office, but could you imagine?)

- and books turned movies including Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, Stardust by Neil Gaiman and  The Princess Bride by William Goldman (which I will probably talk about first since I'm reading As You Wish by Cary Elwes currently)

So that's what we have to look forward to in the coming weeks! I can't wait to begin!


Note: I'm doing this from my phone and it is making it impossible to italicize things so I'm incredibly sorry to anyone I may offend for not italicizing the titles of all of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment