Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Rithmatist

As I mentioned in my first post I recently finished  the Wheel of Time series. The first 11 books in this series were written by Robert Jordan but he sadly passed away and Brandon Sanderson wrote the last 3 books using his notes. He captured the essence of the series and brought them together in a beautiful ending, staying true to all the characters that we had come to know and love in first 11 books.  So of course when I saw a book by Brandon Sanderson in the bargain bin I grabbed it; and I was not disappointed.

If I had not just read the amazing marvel that is The Fifth Season I would have said this is the greatest book ever ( I tend to dramatize about things I love). As is, I can say that this book is thoroughly enjoyable, unique and wonderful and I can only hope everyone will read it so I can talk about it more. Chalklings are the most interesting and insanely terrifying idea and I can think of millions of stories for these fantastical creatures. The main character, Joel is a captivating narrator, courageous and gawky and somehow the perfect hero even though he does not have any chalk powers like practically everyone else in the book.
A wonderful selection and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second one called The Aztlantian





No comments:

Post a Comment