Sunday, May 8, 2016

What is not yours, is not yours


Short stories have never been my favorite other than collections of classic fairytales and I'm not sure whether this book changed that or not.  Helen Oyeyemi is an amazing author and each of these stories are so unique and wonderful but I wish that I could read more about each of the stories. If each of these short stories had been expanded on and turned into full books I would have read them all and loved it even more.
Like I said, each story is unique, they share the theme of keys and occasionally a character wanders into another story. When this happens I immediately tried to create a world where all of these stories happened in the same universe and somehow she would pull them all together in the end. That did not happen however and I still immensely enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more by this author. From a puppeteering school to a secret garden, all her characters were vivid and quirky and one-of-a-kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment